History Anew chooses to research and represent (more on Representation here) particular cultures and time periods from the past for four specific reasons:
- We believe that our present experiences, in all aspects of our lives, can be better understood and therefore more thoroughly experienced/enjoyed when we have knowledge of what preceded us.
- We believe that a multitude of ingenious ideas have been cast aside in society's haste to keep up with modernity. As such, rather than "re-inventing the wheel", so to speak, we would like to create more opportunity in our lives, for our pursuits, by utilizing the time and effort that past people have already expended.
- We believe that the environment, and our collective ability to utilize it in a sustainable and respectful manner, is humanity's greatest resource.
- We believe that for the reasons stated above and for the young children discussed below, the wisdom of the past needs to be preserved.
- We have young children, a limited income, and don't travel as much as we think we should. Hence, representing the past allows us to escape on a budget. ;-)
The Mission of History Anew is to inspire and facilitate the preservation of the wisdom of the past.
Our Clients: Museums, historical sites, living history sites, schools, reenactors, interpreters, bushcraft practictioners, history enthusiasts, material culture enthusiasts.
Our Service Area: We are a Canadian business and our primary service area is Canada.
History Anew endeavors to captivate audiences of all ages by bringing aspects of the past to life. Our aim is to create dynamic and engaging interpretive programs through conscientious research and fully accessible, historically crafted, replica artifacts. Embedded within all we do is a deep respect for the knowledge, skill, and environmentally sustainable-methods of the past.
We strive to be a "museum" without the glass.